Lifestyle Medicine UME Question Bank
The American College of Lifestyle Medicine is pleased to offer this Lifestyle Medicine Undergraduate Medical Education (UME) Question Bank, developed in cooperation with the National Board of Medical Examiners (NBME) and American Board of Lifestyle Medicine (ABLM), which can be used by UME faculty to create Categorical Assessment Tests to specifically assess their students’ knowledge of lifestyle medicine. This resource is available via complimentary download for UME faculty who have demonstrated the integration of lifestyle medicine curriculum at their U.S.-based academic institution.
- Introduction to Lifestyle Medicine – 10 questions
- Fundamentals of Health Behavior Change – 25 questions
- Key Clinical Processes in Lifestyle Medicine – 20 questions
- The Role of Physician Health and the Physician’s Personal Health – 10 questions
- Nutrition Science, Assessment and Prescription – 65 questions
- Physical Activity Science and Prescription – 35 questions
- Emotional and Mental Well-Being, Assessment and Interventions – 25 questions
- Sleep Health Science and Interventions – 20 questions
- Managing Tobacco Cessation and other Toxic Exposures – 20 questions
- The Role of Connectedness and Positive Psychology – 20 questions
The question bank is compatible with Blackboard, Canvas, and ExamSoft. Files are provided in .qti or .rtf format.
What is the goal of this resource?
The immediate goal of this resource is to support medical schools to incorporate lifestyle medicine content throughout UME. The UME Question Bank is available for medical school faculty to utilize to assess their students’ specific lifestyle medicine knowledge.
The long-term goal of this resource is to support all U.S. medical schools to incorporate lifestyle medicine questions in their Categorical Assessment Tests. This wide-spread uptake demonstrates the main-stream relevance of lifestyle medicine as first-line treatment, for prioritization on the NBME licensing exams.
Who can gain access to this resource?
This resource is available for UME faculty who have demonstrated the integration of lifestyle medicine curriculum at their academic institution. In order to demonstrate content integration, fill out the application.
How can I utilize this resource?
The UME Question Bank can be uploaded to Blackboard, Canvas, or ExamSoft and can be used to create Categorical Assessment Tests to specifically assess their students’ knowledge of lifestyle medicine. Once uploaded to the LMS, the questions, which are broken into 10 topics, can be sorted by subtopic and utilized where appropriate.
Can I share this resource?
No. Only the faculty granted explicit access to the files are authorized to utilize them. Do not share questions in any form. Other faculty who do not have access to the bank may request it by filling out the application