Become Certified in Lifestyle Medicine Practice
Treat, Reverse, and Prevent Chronic Disease by addressing the root causes of disease.
Registering for the exam secures your ability to reserve an appointment at a Prometric testing center. Invitations to reserve an appointment at a testing center will be distributed after September 30th. Registration after September 30th will go towards the 2023 exam.
Most physicians and health professionals receive little to no education on nutrition, physical activity, sleep, social connectivity, and the avoidance of risky substance use, which are the six pillars of lifestyle medicine.
Certification in lifestyle medicine indicates that the individual has mastered the science of preventing, treating, and reversing chronic disease in an evidence-based manner with official acknowledgment from the American Board of Lifestyle Medicine (for physicians and specialists) or the American College of Lifestyle Medicine (for professionals and practitioners).
Lifestyle medicine board-certified physicians, specialists, professionals, and practitioners are recognized as subject matter experts in the field, giving them a hiring advantage for lifestyle medicine-focused organizations and employers. A lifestyle medicine approach is enhanced by using health behavior change coaching skills. Lifestyle Medicine has the power to decrease healthcare spending for both employers and patients, improve overall health outcomes, and activate patient autonomy and motivation for sustainable, lifelong behavior change.
Networking and Recognition
Certification opens the door for valuable and rewarding networking, working, and collaborating with like-minded professionals.
Becoming a Diplomate signifies that you have:
- Completed minimum of 30 hours of lifestyle medicine CME/CE online.
- Gathered at least 10 hours of in-person CME/CE from attending a specific lifestyle medicine-oriented conference
- As a physician, submitted a case study that documents the positive effects of a lifestyle medicine intervention on a patient
- Passed a rigorous certification exam
LM2022 — Redesigning Healthcare Better
ACLM is hosting a hybrid conference on November 13-16, 2022. The in-person event will be at the Rosen Shingle Creek in Orlando, Florida. This is the premier conference delivering expert continuing education with a focus on lifestyle medicine - the therapeutic dose of proper nutrition, regular physical activity, social connection, restorative sleep, stress management, and avoidance of risky substances. The LM2022 conference theme of “Redesigning Healthcare Better” is the call to action to create a future where lifestyle medicine is offered as the first, affordable, and accessible therapy for non-communicable diseases.
Attend an Upcoming Webinar
Complimentary webinars on various topics that include, but are not limited to:
- What is Lifestyle Medicine?
- Certification in Lifestyle Medicine
- Lifestyle Medicine Domains/Pillars
- Clinical Application of Lifestyle Medicine
- Lifestyle Medicine Delivery Models
- Lifestyle Medicine Reimbursement
- Lifestyle Medicine Research
- Lifestyle Medicine in the Workplace
- The Effect of Lifestyle Medicine on Diseases and Conditions
- Lifestyle Medicine Integrated in Academia