- State the difference between disease remission and disease reversal
- Define intensive therapeutic lifestyle change (ITLC)
- Recite the criteria used to determine consensus, near consensus, or no consensus for the competencies
- Identify the lifestyle medicine intensivist topics and competencies that met consensus
- Recognize the limitations of the lifestyle medicine intensivist competency expert consensus process
“Given the enormous need for intensive lifestyle change treatment in the U.S., it is important to clearly define the competencies that reflect the level of expertise required of physicians to provide effective, evidence-based intensive lifestyle change treatment.” John Kelly, MD, MPH, DipABLM, FACLM
Lifestyle Medicine Intensivist Competencies: 2023 Expert Consensus Update
The objective of this expert consensus process was to identify the competencies that lifestyle medicine (LM) Intensivists should be expected to have within their skill set. They competencies can help guide the education, practice, clinical training and, ideally, certification for lifestyle medicine intensivists who specialize in this care.