- Define diabetes remission
- List lifestyle instructions given to participants that helped them achieve remission
- Identify which biometric outcomes significantly improved with a whole-food plant-predominant diet intervention
- Recall the primary foods recommended as part of the whole-food plant-based diet intervention
- Identify the type of study design used
“This study highlights the promising potential for a whole food plant-predominant diet to confer immediate and long-term benefits with reduction of microvascular and macrovascular complications”
Remission of Type 2 Diabetes After Treatment With a High-Fiber, Low-Fat, Plant-Predominant Diet Intervention: A Case Series
Prevalence of type 2 diabetes (T2D) is rising, and its burden on the healthcare system remains a challenge. Consumption of a plant-predominant diet is a promising approach for achieving remission, which has emerged as a therapeutic target.