Medical professional associations, government bodies, and stakeholder groups across the U.S. and Canada agree that eating more unrefined, plant-based foods is an important strategy in prevention of chronic disease, management of chronic conditions, and promotion of overall health.
This comprehensive 181 page resource outlines the benefits of Plant-Based Nutrition for health, highlights key studies, dispells common myths, shares guidelines and recommendations for clinicians and much more.
Topics include the benefits and use of whole food, plant-based nutrition for:
- Treatment and Prevention of Type 2 Diabetes
- Obesity & Weight Management
- Diet Quality
- Treatment and Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease
- Treatment and Prevention of Autoimmune Disease
- Longevity and Quality of Life
- Recommendations and Guidelines for Practitioners
- Treatment and Prevention of Reproductive Cancers
- Treatment and Prevention of Chronic Kidney Disease
- Enteral Nutrition
Please complete the form below. Upon submission, you will be sent an email with the link to download the full Benefits of Plant-Based Nutrition White Paper.
In this series of reports, ACLM has compiled the evidence supporting the benefits of a whole food, predominantly plant-based diet in multiple clinical settings. To learn more about how to implement nutrition interventions, check out the continuing education and event opportunities at lifestylemedicine.org/education.
For your free download, please complete the form below. Upon submission, you will be sent an email with the link to download the full Benefits of Plant-Based Nutrition White Paper.