HEAL Scholarship Program
ABLM/ACLM Board Certification Exam and Preparation
The HEAL Initiative launched the HEAL Scholarship Program as part of its mission to address health disparities through lifestyle medicine (LM). Supporting a diverse health care workforce and delivering particular support to those providing care to marginalized people is the mission of this scholarship program. In recognition that achieving a diverse LM workforce is essential to that mission, this scholarship awards underrepresented in medicine (URM) clinicians with need-based scholarships to assist applicants with the costs associated with attaining education and certification in lifestyle medicine. This opportunity is open to applicants practicing in the United States.
HEAL Scholarship Timeline
Application Opens: January 16, 2023
Deadline: March 1, 2023
Results Notification: May 2023
Included in the Scholarship
The Program will support partial (50%) and full (100%) scholarships based on need and funding availability to cover certification expenses, where certification expenses include:
- ABLM/ACLM Board Certification Exam and Preparation
- Approved CME through the Lifestyle Medicine Board Review Course
- Approved in-person CME through LM 2023 Conference attendance
- One year of ACLM Membership
- A $550 travel stipend to attend the LM 2023 Conference in-person in Denver, CO
*Certification expenses vary by profession type
This scholarship equates to a value of up to $3,670 for physicians, $3,490 for doctoral-level, $3,390 for master-level and $3,021 for bachelor-level recipients.
- Is eligible to become a certified diplomate — explore certification
- Self-identifies as a member of a racial or ethnic group historically underrepresented in medicine (URM) as defined by the Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC)- Underrepresented in medicine means those racial and ethnic populations that are underrepresented in the medical profession relative to their numbers in the general population.
- Is currently practicing within the United States
Providers demonstrate a solid commitment to an evidence-based lifestyle medicine-first approach to their practice. Individuals demonstrating a commitment to health equity.
Award recipients may receive the HEAL Education Scholarship once. Funding will be allocated based on financial need as indicated in the application and the strength of applicant statements about how scholarship support will help them in their lifestyle medicine-related missions. Eligible applicants not previously selected are welcome to apply the following year.
Please note ACLM does not reimburse for prior certification exam fees, course enrollment fees or associated expenses.