The American College of Lifestyle Medicine is pleased to acknowledge select members of the College, bestowing upon them the prestigious status of Fellow.
The Fellowship at the American College of Lifestyle Medicine recognizes outstanding achievement in the field of Lifestyle Medicine and unwavering and exceptional dedication to advancing the mission of the American College of Lifestyle Medicine. Those who have demonstrated the highest standard of professional development and contribution to the field are urged to apply for this premier level of recognition.
Click here to review the roster of those who have earned this prestigious recognition.
Application for Fellows Membership in American College of Lifestyle Medicine
Requirements for Fellows: Prior to application for ACLM Fellow status, the ACLM member must meet the following qualifications.
- Applicants shall have been members of the American College of Lifestyle Medicine for at least three years and have contributed to the specialty as outlined in the following criteria. In addition, applicants must have one of the following qualifications:
- MD or DO engaged in the practice, teaching or research in some relevant aspect of lifestyle medicine, and certified in some other specialty of medicine recognized by the American Board of Medical Specialties or the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada.
- Doctorate-level professional (PhD, DrPH, DDS, ND, etc.) engaged in practice, teaching or research in some relevant aspect of lifestyle medicine, appropriately certified and/or licensed relative to their training, practice, and locale.
- Be board certified in Lifestyle Medicine through the American Board of Lifestyle Medicine.
- Have a minimum of three consecutive years of membership, in good standing, as a Physician or Doctoral member, as defined by the ACLM membership categories.
- Student/Trainee membership does not count towards the required years of membership.
- Serving on the ACLM Board of Directors cannot be substituted with serving on the Trainee Executive Board.
- Submit sponsorship letters, from two current ACLM Fellows, establishing the qualities of the applicant and worthiness of consideration for ACLM Fellow status. Past and present ACLM Board of Directors and Officers may also serve as sponsors.
- Demonstrate a high standard of professional development and contribution to the field of lifestyle medicine.
- Substantiate a significant contribution to ACLM’s organizational functions, including participation in conferences, member interest groups, press contact, ACLM publication contributions and/or participation in other official ACLM function.
Note: Applicants should be graduates of a U.S. based medical school/ doctoral program or have completed their residency/ fellowship or post doctorate education in the U.S. Lifestyle Medicine Professionals from countries with established Lifestyle Medicine societies and a fellowship process are expected to apply to their respective local organizations for fellowship.
After due consideration, the Board of Directors may waive a requirement.
Applicants must also submit an updated curriculum vitae that includes documentation consistent
with the above requirements.
Each application requires a non-refundable $50 review fee.
If approved, an additional one time fellowship fee of $150 will be due within 30 days of notification.
All required forms and paper work must be complete in online application prior to submission for board approval.
The 2021 application cycle will be open until July 31st, 2021. All applications are reviewed in August after the application period is closed.
ONLINE FELLOW APPLICATION