Lifestyle Medicine Interest Group Network
At your school, you have probably seen various medical specialties represented by student organizations. For example, you have probably seen the Family Medicine Club, Cardiology Student Interest Group, General Surgery Club, etc. According to the AAMC, Lifestyle Medicine is one of the newest medical specialties. As such, it is deserving of an interest group as well!
Our mission is to share the message of the American College of Lifestyle Medicine on every university, medical school, and health professions campus across the country with the establishment of Lifestyle Medicine Interest Groups (LMIGs). LMIGs are the perfect way to connect trainees to share ideas, collaborate on projects, and learn more about how to practice Lifestyle Medicine.
Want to start an LMIG at your school or institution? Whether you are an interested student, resident, or faculty member, we want to make this process simple and seamless by providing you with all of the resources and support you need to get started. In fact, we have created an LMIG Resource Center with an LMIG Starter Kit , LMIG 101 Handbook , and many more resources to get started!
Active Lifestyle Medicine Interest Groups
Please address all inquiries related to lifestyle medicine interest groups to email@example.com
1) Metropolitan State University of Denver
2) University of Florida
Other Health Professions School
3) University of Missouri - Columbia/Nursing
4) Campbell University School of Osteopathic Medicine
5) Medical University of Warsaw
6) Ohio University Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine, Cleveland Campus
7) Ohio University Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine, Athens Campus
8) Pacific Northwest University College of Osteopathic Medicine
9) Rutgers New Jersey School of Medicine
10) Rosalind Franklin University- Chicago Medical School
11) LSUHSC Shreveport
12) Loma Linda University
13) Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
14) University of South Carolina School of Medicine - Greenville
15) Meharry Medical College
16) Harvard Extension School
17) Harvard Medical School
18) Stony Brook University School of Medicine
19) University of North Texas Health Science Center
20) Keck School of Medicine of University of Southern California
21) Oakland University William Beaumont School of Medicine
22) Quinnipiac University Netter School of Medicine
23) University of Colorado School of Medicine Preventive Medicine Residency
For specific questions regarding student Lifestyle Medicine Interest Groups (LMIGs), please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Start Your Own Group Today!
LMIG 101-How To Start an ACLM Lifestyle Medicine Interest Group | 7 Steps to Start a LMIG
Similar to every other medical specialty (family medicine, surgery, dermatology, etc.), we envision Lifestyle Medicine to occupy a similar role. We already know enough to prevent ~80% of chronic diseases and this knowledge needs to be shared! LMIGs are the perfect avenue to bring like-minded, passionate trainees together to share ideas, collaborate on projects, and learn more about how to "prescribe" Lifestyle Medicine. The Physicians in Training (PiT) team wants to make this process as seamless as possible. We want to help connect LMIGs together and enable trainees in the fields of medicine, representing a Lifestyle Medicine team approach, to share LM with one another.
To advance the mission and message of the ACLM to all trainees, by enabling Lifestyle Medicine Interest Groups to be established on every medical school and health-related services campus across the country.